Laing also highlighted the economic benefits the show brings to the country as he spoke to the audience at the event’s recent launch.
It was good to see Dr. Donna Hope, Dr. Sonjah Stanley Niahh, Dr. Dennis Howard and Clyde McKenzie there supporting the future of Reggae music and Sting.
This year’s show will be special because of the return of the veterans of the Dance hall. As there will be performances from Artists like Super Beagle, Terror Fabulous, Vershon, Burro banton, Tanto Blacks, Silver Cat and others. Sting 2016 “From The Till Now” was launched at the Triple Century Sports Bar in New Kingston, Jamaica.
Will Lady Saw Perform At Sting?
Ever since Lady Saw decided to become a true Christian Jamaicans have been wondering what will happen to her career and now that the greatest Reggae/ Dancehall show on earth is on the way in a couple of days, the big question on our minds is still.” will Lady Saw be performing at Sting?” As she decided to become a Christian after she attended the funeral of the late J Capri who was only 23 years old when she died in a car crash.
Lady Saw now says she does not care about the amount of money she will lose if she does not perform. As she believes her life has been changed by God himself. She says her decision was not made suddenly and she genuinely wants to keep on being a Christian.
So we can only wait to see what will happen between now and the beginning of Sting.
- TONY CURTIS & JIGSY KING
- MR. LEXX & GENERAL- B
- SQUIDLY RANKING & BLACKER
- FLOURGON & DADDY LIZARD
- FANTON MOJAH & TURBULENCE
- WICKERMAN & BUNNY GENERAL
- Tiger, Johnny- P & Malvo
- Pinchers, Courtney Melody & Little John
- Admiral Bailey, Professor Nuts & General Trees
- Josey Wales, Charlie Chaplin & Brigadier Jerry
- Peter Metro, Burro Banton & Major Mackerel
- Louie Culture, Frisco Kid & Terror Fabulous
- Powerman, Penny Irie & Ninja Kid
- Junior Cat, Silver Cat & Terry Ganzie
- Lady-G, Lady-P & Lady Junie
- Super Beagle, Screechie Joe & Baby Demus
- Future Fambo, Bling Dawg, Alozade & New Kidz
- Leroy Gibbons, George Nooks, Admiral Tibet & Icho Candy
- Tabeta Cshae
- Raine Seville
- bby Dallas
- Don Andre
- Young Flexx PD
Legends at Midnight
- Half Pint
- Frankie Paul
In 1984, Isaiah Laing’s love for music caused him to establish an event that would play an integral role in the history of Jamaica’s music. This event would be known as “STING – The Greatest One Night Reggae Show on Earth”, a launching pad for many of Jamaica’s popular entertainers.