The lawsuit filed Wednesday in a Philadelphia court doesn’t specify what damages are being sought, but identifies 17 total plaintiffs—14 concertgoers and three venue employees—including one who suffered a fractured spine. Their lawyer, Robert J. Mongeluzzi, said his clients want to prevent future incidents and deserve monetary compensation because the defendants did not take enough precautions to ensure safety, according to the Associated Press.
“I can tell you there is no doubt there was a crowd surge based upon the setup of the lawn with no chairs and no aisles, lack of security…and then the artists telling people to come forward,” Mongeluzzi said. “That’s the setup, and that’s the failure.”
Immediately after the accident, some news outlets were reporting that up to 42 people were injured. However, Complex talked to a spokesperson for the Camden police department who clarified that “about 10-15 injured, and almost all of them were just treated on the scene and released. Maybe two or three to the hospital. I don’t know the extent of their injuries, but I didn’t gather it was super-serious. I think we’re looking at bumps and bruises here.”
Unfortunately, this isn’t the first incident to occur on the High Road Summer Tour. Earlier this month, more than 50 people were reportedly removed from the duo’s concert at the Nikon at Jones Beach Amphitheater with suspected alcohol poisoning.